You finished bidding for your modules, deleting Cutthroat Kitchen and ten other random variety shows on your desktop, downloaded all your readings for tomorrow’s lecture and organised your pencil case by pen and highlighter colour. But are you ready to face the storm ahead called university? If you are reading this now, you would have probably survived the first two weeks of official lessons. Let’s take a throwback and look what’s probably happened over the course of this week:
- You had to run for the D2 bus at Kent Ridge MRT stop at 9:39am, when the bus came earlier than expected.
- You had to queue for 20 minutes to print all your readings at the Central Library (because let’s face it, we love paper), but you realised that you forgot to top up your ezlink card when you were about to print.
- You thought that LT14 was next to LT13, but in fact they were on opposite ends of the Arts Faculty.
- You only have 25 minutes for lunch in between lessons, but the Engineering canteen was wayyy too crowded.
- You came late for lecture, sat down, and *SWWWAHHH* you opened your Crumpler bag as the lecturer halted and stared into your soul.
- The yong tau foo stall at the Deck is forever crowded. And by the time you reached the end of the queue, the aunty say “no more noodles already”.
- You can literally feel your knees cracking under pressure given that you enrolled yourself to Singapore’s most prestigious university…the National University of *cough*STAIRS*cough*..Singapore I mean.
- You were furiously copying every word the lecturer was saying until a kind-hearted soul pointed out to you that everything was on IVLE.
- Choosing clothes for school in less than 5 minutes never felt so hard.
- 8:00am – laptop battery at 100%. 11:35am, after your first lecture, it’s at 60%. Your day ends at 6pm.
Hope you guys, be it freshmen or seniors, enjoyed your first two weeks of lessons in NUS! Be sure to rest well and do your 200 pages of readings before all this chaos start all over again next week. Like always, Recess Week is only 5 weeks away. Hang in there guys!